- Social Groups
- Pros & Cons
- Expert Advice
- Tweet (http://twitter NULL.com/share)
- (http://www NULL.linkedin NULL.com/in/angellaliberte)
Meet Parents Via Egg Donation (PVED)
AChildAfter40.com is proud to partner with the non-profit organization, Parents Via Egg Donation, to provide our readers expert support and information on egg donation after age 40.
PVED was created and designed by Marna Gatlin who is a parent via egg donation, for the parent and parent-to-be, who chooses egg donation to grow their family. At PVED, you will find unbiased, timely and accurate information about egg donation and third-party reproduction.
Facts About Egg Donation After 40
If you’re over the age of 40 and considering egg donation as a path to pregnancy and parenthood, you are not alone!
An estimated 14,000 babies are born each year in the United States from donor eggs, according to the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (http://www NULL.asrm NULL.org/topics/detail NULL.aspx?id=418). Use of donor eggs has grown nearly 50 percent since 2000. Seventy five percent of these births are from women over the age of 40.
Donor eggs or embryos were used in approximately 12% of all ART (assisted reproductive technology) cycles performed in 2010 (18,011 cycles). Few women younger than age 40 used donor eggs; however, the percentage of cycles performed with donor eggs increased sharply after age 40. Among women older than age 48, for example, 91% of all ART cycles used donor eggs.
Support for Parents, and Parents-To-Be
By Marna Gatlin, Founder
Parents Via Egg Donation, or PVED (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org), was created to provide an informational and supportive environment where parents and parents-to-be can learn and share information about all facets of the egg donation process.
Our mission is to educate, support, and empower families and individuals at any stage of the process who choose to use egg donation to build a family.
Information to help you in your way in becoming a parent is just a click away:
- All about selecting an infertility clinic (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/howtoselectafertility NULL.php)
- All about selecting an egg donor agency (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/howtoselectanagency NULL.php)
- All about selecting an egg donor (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/howtoselectanegg NULL.php)
- All about the legalities of egg donation (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/delegalinfo NULL.php)
- All about disclosure and talking to your kids about DE (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/talkingtokids NULL.php)
- Understanding statistics (http://tpvedo NULL.blogspot NULL.com/search/label/statistics)
We also offer a private confidential community forum (http://forums NULL.pved NULL.org/) where others like you gather to converse about anything and everything related to egg donation.
Our comprehensive resource page (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/resources NULL.php) the covers a many topics such as the donor cycle process, disclosure, legal issues, DE abroad (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/deivfabroad NULL.php), religious concerns (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/thejewishfaith NULL.php), FDA regulations (http://pved NULL.org/fda NULL.php).
We can also help you with:
- Insurance Questions?
- Pregnancy (http://pved NULL.org/pregnancy NULL.php)
- Cycle Questions
- GLBT support (http://www NULL.pved NULL.org/lgbt NULL.php)
- And much more!
Articles on Egg Donation at AChildAfter40.com
- (http://www NULL.ctvnews NULL.ca/health/health-headlines/women-increasingly-going-online-to-seek-free-sperm-donors-1 NULL.1590245)
Angel on CNN(http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=WySnP2nnwXU)
CNN Mother's Day: "Mature Moms" (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=WySnP2nnwXU)(http://youtu NULL.be/atScMih4_d0) (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=sGRro4rHGeA)
AARP's "Inside E-Sreet" on PBS TV (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=sGRro4rHGeA)
(http://twitter NULL.com/achildafter40) (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/AChildAfter40) AChildAfter40 (http://pinterest NULL.com/AChildAfter40/)
- Subscribe to the Online Magazine from AChildAfter40.com (http://www NULL.scoop NULL.it/t/a-child-after-40-weekly-news)
- ACHILDAFTER40.COM Updates
- Adoption Over 40
- Career, Work and Business
- Celebrity Moms Over 40
- Dads Over 40
- Fertility-Infertility Over 40
- Growing Up in the ‘60s & ‘70s
- Health & The Over 40 Mom
- Later Motherhood In The News
- Menopause & Kids
- Midlife Mother's Day
- Mothers Over 40
- Mothers Over 50
- Parenting After 40
- Pregancy and Birth Over 40
- School and Over 40 Moms
- Seasonal Holidays
- Social and Support Groups
- Social Stigma and Becoming Social
TagsAdoption adoption after 40 aging baby after 40 blended family donor eggs egg donation after 45 egg donation after 50 egg donors famous moms after 40 fertility fertility after 40 fertility over 40 first time mother over 40 infertility IVF after 40 kelly preston kelly preston birth menopause menopause and motherhood mother's day mother's day after 40 mother's day gifts mother after 40 motherhood after 40 motherhood after 50 motherhood over 40 mother over 40 mother over 45 mother over 50 mothers after 40 mothers day 2013 mothers over 40 mothers over 40 school mothers over 40 working Older fathers older mothers older mothers kindergarten kids older mothers school over 40 pregnancy Parenting After 40 pregnancy over 40 pregnant after 40 school surrogacy