- Social Groups
- Pros & Cons
- Expert Advice
- Tweet (http://twitter NULL.com/share)
- (http://www NULL.linkedin NULL.com/in/angellaliberte)
By Lorne Holden, “Make It Happen In Ten Minutes A Day”
On my 50th birthday, I was lying on a chaise under a palm tree in Puerto Rico, with a gorgeous breeze blowing across the ocean, and all the time in the world.
It might have been except for the fact that I spent the day trying to dodge a big, lead weight in my heart. I was 50, single and still wanted a child.
I Wasn’t Longing For What Was Lost
Then, it hit me. I wasn’t longing for a limb that I had lost forever in a car accident. I was just wanted something that I had always wanted. A baby.
So, on that day, I closed my eyes and decided to jump. It was the best and boldest birthday present I have ever given or received.
Less than 2 years later, and after many months of research and effort, I adopted a baby boy from Guatemala and became a single, over-50 mom.
The Stark Reality of Being On My Own
The Atomic Bomb of Love that hit my heart was like nothing I had ever experienced before. And just as big was the stark reality that I was raising my son entirely on my own.
I had no partner, no family nearby, and my parents were not in a position to help me either practically or financially.
I loved my son utterly and gave our new life together my all, but I also found my circumstances brutally confining.
I just had NO time.
One Flower A Day At A Time
Then one day, after longing to put a garden in my front yard, I bought a six-pack of summer flowers. When we returned home, I planted a single flower. Just one.
Each day, planting a new flower, I eventually created a garden that knocked me out with its beauty. I never spent more than ten minutes a day on it, because it was all I had available.
I could do anything as long as I did it in small increments of time every day.
5 Steps To Making Things Happen
If you’re an over-40 mom who’s exhausted with little time on your hands, here’s a 7-Day Method To Make Things Happen in your life:
- Make a Create and Conquer List: quickly, and simply write down a few dreams, as well as a few obligations you’d like to go after.
- Pick one dream/task and commit to spending Ten Minutes a Day on it, for 7 days.
- At the end of the seven days, take stock of what you have accomplished. You will be amazed!
- Plan ahead with your Make it Happen goals and steps to achieving them.
- Fold this new pattern of habit into other aspects of your life, so that you can experience the gentle, gigantic power of incremental change.
Notes For This Blog:
Lorne Holden is the author of “MAKE IT HAPPEN in Ten Minutes a Day: The Simple, Revolutionary Method for Getting Things Done.” http://www.makeithappenintenminutesaday.com (http://www NULL.makeithappenintenminutesaday NULL.com).
She is also an award-winning artist based in New England. She writes, teaches and offers teleseminars about the quiet, gigantic power of incremental change.
- (http://www NULL.ctvnews NULL.ca/health/health-headlines/women-increasingly-going-online-to-seek-free-sperm-donors-1 NULL.1590245)
Angel on CNN(http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=WySnP2nnwXU)
CNN Mother's Day: "Mature Moms" (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=WySnP2nnwXU)(http://youtu NULL.be/atScMih4_d0) (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=sGRro4rHGeA)
AARP's "Inside E-Sreet" on PBS TV (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=sGRro4rHGeA)
(http://twitter NULL.com/achildafter40) (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/AChildAfter40) AChildAfter40 (http://pinterest NULL.com/AChildAfter40/)
- Subscribe to the Online Magazine from AChildAfter40.com (http://www NULL.scoop NULL.it/t/a-child-after-40-weekly-news)
- ACHILDAFTER40.COM Updates
- Adoption Over 40
- Career, Work and Business
- Celebrity Moms Over 40
- Dads Over 40
- Fertility-Infertility Over 40
- Growing Up in the ‘60s & ‘70s
- Health & The Over 40 Mom
- Later Motherhood In The News
- Menopause & Kids
- Midlife Mother's Day
- Mothers Over 40
- Mothers Over 50
- Parenting After 40
- Pregancy and Birth Over 40
- School and Over 40 Moms
- Seasonal Holidays
- Social and Support Groups
- Social Stigma and Becoming Social
TagsAdoption adoption after 40 aging baby after 40 blended family donor eggs egg donation after 45 egg donation after 50 egg donors famous moms after 40 fertility fertility after 40 fertility over 40 first time mother over 40 infertility IVF after 40 kelly preston kelly preston birth menopause menopause and motherhood mother's day mother's day after 40 mother's day gifts mother after 40 motherhood after 40 motherhood after 50 motherhood over 40 mother over 40 mother over 45 mother over 50 mothers after 40 mothers day 2013 mothers over 40 mothers over 40 school mothers over 40 working Older fathers older mothers older mothers kindergarten kids older mothers school over 40 pregnancy Parenting After 40 pregnancy over 40 pregnant after 40 school surrogacy