- Social Groups
- Pros & Cons
- Expert Advice
- Tweet (http://twitter NULL.com/share)
If you’re over the age of 40 and all you want is to get pregnant, it’s easy to get sucked into a cycle of negative thinking and to panic over your fertility.
But there’s a way to cope with fears about fertility when you’re older, and to help yourself to manifest a happy outcome. It is easier to get pregnant after 40 if you are not constantly worrying about it.
We get whatever we focus on, and whatever we focus on expands. It seems subtle, yet there is a profound difference in focusing on infertility versus focusing on fertility.
Simply flip the “coin” around and turn the negative thoughts and feelings into positive, desirable perspectives:
Reduce Fertility Anxiety Over 40 Check List
- Take pregnancies of other women over 40 as proof that it can happen to you, too, instead of feeling the natural pangs of jealousy and comparison.
- Accept the fact that you may indeed not be able to conceive. This acceptance can allow your anxiety and need to control the outcome to dissipate. Do research into adoption in the US and abroad. Explore surrogacy options. If you are truly committed to being a parent, be open and flexible to the many options that are available today. While you may certainly prefer the natural way, shift your commitment to having and raising a child. Period.
- Grasp the distinction between making something happen and allowing it to happen.
- Avoid alcohol and eat healthful foods, avoiding chemicals and preservatives as much as possible.
- Practice yoga and/or other forms of exercise, for the mental relief and prepare your body for motherhood.
- Find a good therapist or spiritual advisor or life coach to turn anxiety and panic into eager anticipation and excitement.
- Put a picture of a beautiful newborn baby on a vision board with the words: “If it is meant to be…”
- Write letters to your future child, welcoming him/her at the right time for all parties concerned. Let the baby know you are more than willing and honored to be the vessel, if he/she chooses you as a mother.
- Know that there are many ways to give to children outside of being a mother per se. Mother Theresa and Oprah never had kids. Explore other outlets for your mothering/nurturing needs: begin charity work for at risk children or orphans, or be a volunteer coach for a sports team or teach creative arts to kids in a shelter.
- Acknowledge unanswered prayers. Rather pray or meditate for acceptance that everything that happens to you happens for you.
Notes for this blog:
Dr. Nancy Irwin (http://www NULL.drnancyirwin NULL.com/) is a Los Angeles-based therapist/life coach/speaker/reinvention expert, and author of the nonfiction “YOU-TURN: Changing Direction in Midlife.” This collection of “over 40 stories of people over 40” chronicles successful transitions in people’s personal and/or professional lives, and includes professional tips on navigating change.
A former stand-up comedian and opera singer, Dr. Irwin knows a thing or two about change. She is committed through her private practice, writing, and speaking to inspire people that it is never too late to life a life you love.
- (http://www NULL.ctvnews NULL.ca/health/health-headlines/women-increasingly-going-online-to-seek-free-sperm-donors-1 NULL.1590245)
Angel on CNN(http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=WySnP2nnwXU)
CNN Mother's Day: "Mature Moms" (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=WySnP2nnwXU)(http://youtu NULL.be/atScMih4_d0) (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=sGRro4rHGeA)
AARP's "Inside E-Sreet" on PBS TV (http://www NULL.youtube NULL.com/watch?v=sGRro4rHGeA)
(http://twitter NULL.com/achildafter40) (https://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/AChildAfter40) AChildAfter40 (http://pinterest NULL.com/AChildAfter40/)
- Subscribe to the Online Magazine from AChildAfter40.com (http://www NULL.scoop NULL.it/t/a-child-after-40-weekly-news)
- ACHILDAFTER40.COM Updates
- Adoption Over 40
- Career, Work and Business
- Celebrity Moms Over 40
- Dads Over 40
- Fertility-Infertility Over 40
- Growing Up in the ‘60s & ‘70s
- Health & The Over 40 Mom
- Later Motherhood In The News
- Menopause & Kids
- Midlife Mother's Day
- Mothers Over 40
- Mothers Over 50
- Parenting After 40
- Pregancy and Birth Over 40
- School and Over 40 Moms
- Seasonal Holidays
- Social and Support Groups
- Social Stigma and Becoming Social
TagsAdoption adoption after 40 aging baby after 40 blended family donor eggs egg donation after 45 egg donation after 50 egg donors famous moms after 40 fertility fertility after 40 fertility over 40 first time mother over 40 infertility IVF after 40 kelly preston kelly preston birth menopause menopause and motherhood mother's day mother's day after 40 mother's day gifts mother after 40 motherhood after 40 motherhood after 50 motherhood over 40 mother over 40 mother over 45 mother over 50 mothers after 40 mothers day 2013 mothers over 40 mothers over 40 school mothers over 40 working Older fathers older mothers older mothers kindergarten kids older mothers school over 40 pregnancy Parenting After 40 pregnancy over 40 pregnant after 40 school surrogacy